We are Equippo, a fast-growing, international, tech startup that is revolutionizing the used construction equipment industry. Business Insider described us as “The Zalando for excavators”.
We are looking for a rockstar developer with experience in Ruby on Rails to be involved in the construction of a full solution for Equippo's marketplace from our Rotterdam office on a full-time basis. You will be working with a supportive and talented team of developers and are expected to keep up with the fast pace of short release cycles.
- Implementing new features for our Marketplace. This can be anything from the integration of a new API or an AI-based price estimation software. You will work together with our Product Designer and also with stakeholders to implement new features efficiently.
- Improving and maintaining the current codebase.
- Promoting developer happiness by improving our development process, we are still a small development team so you can heavenly influence how we work.
What do you bring to the table?
- You have a deep understanding of Ruby and Ruby on Rails ecosystems.
- You have a good understanding of object-oriented design principles and value refactoring and writing clean, readable code.
- A computer science, software engineering or informatics degree is preferable.
- You have a good understanding of front-end development and ecosystems.
- You can communicate fluently in English (excellent written and verbal using video conferencing software like Skype or Google Hangouts/Meet).
- You work on a Mac or Unix like (i.e. Linux) environment.
- You have an active GitHub account.
- You possess a test-driven mentality, with experience with fast-paced software development teams.
- You have the drive and focus to make your planning work while keeping your code clean.
What we offer
- A competitive salary.
- Purpose! Your contribution will be highly visible and impactful for the growth of the company.
- Home-office days package.
- Working in a fast-moving, agile startup environment.
- Working with an ambitious, young, and international team.
- Lots of room to work on great ideas, to learn, and to grow.
Please include in your application two projects you're proud of and a short description of what you have done in these projects.